Get Help

Get Help After the Fires

There are many resources to turn to for help if you are experiencing hardship and grief as a result of the fires. Even if you’ve never been in a position to need help in the past, don’t hesitate to get help now. The fires have caused extenuating circumstances for many and the sooner you reach out for assistance, the sooner you can start the recovery process.

Santiam Service Integration Team

If you are in need of resources such as housing, medical needs, food, clothing, personal care items, pet supplies, as a result of the fire, the Santiam SIT can help. SIT can also connect you with resources to help with insurance claims, FEMA appeals, and mental health counseling.

The SIT was formed in partnership with Santiam Hospital, school districts, faith groups, non-profits, social service agencies, local clubs, government agencies, businesses, and community members to meet the needs of the community. Contact the SIT at 503.769.9319 or via email at

Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund

The Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund (SCWRF) was established to help in recovery efforts for those affected by the Beachie Creek Fire. Funds are designated for assistance needed to rebuild and restore residency in the Santiam Canyon. To learn more about grant opportunities for residents impacted by the fires, please visit:

Federal Emergency Aid (FEMA)

If you tried to get help from FEMA by applying for disaster assistance and were found to be ineligible, you can still appeal. Often, it’s just a matter of supplying extra documentation or information. Find out how to appeal a FEMA decision. Meanwhile, if you have insurance, you should make a list of damaged or lost items and contact your insurance company if you haven’t already.

Local Disaster Resource Centers

Visit a local Disaster Resource Center to gather supplies and information as you work to recover from the impact of the wildfire.

  • Disaster Resource Center & SIT Office: Sublimity at Anthony Hall
    • 11758 Sublimity Rd SE, Sublimity, OR
    • 503.769.9319
    • *Access to Computers, Internet, and Printer/Scanner!
  • Disaster Resource Center: Detroit at Detroit Mini Storage
    • 315 Front St., South, Detroit, OR
  • Santiam Canyon Tool Lending Library: Gates at Gates Community Church of Christ
    • 400070 Gates School Rd, Gates OR
  • Ag, Livestock & Pet Supply Center: Newton Trucking
    • 50538 Gates Bridge Road, Gates
    • Call 503.871.5131
Mental health resources

If you are struggling with feelings of grief and hopelessness don’t wait to get help. People are standing by ready to help you on a path to healing and recovery.

Behavioral Health Helpline
Free, 24/7 emotional support and resource referral is available at 800.923.HELP (800.923.4357). The behavioral health helpline is offered through a partnership between the Oregon Health Authority and the nonprofit agency Lines for Life: Safe + Strong.

Marion County Behavioral Health Team
Counseling support and crisis management is available both in person and via phone.

  • In-person support
    • Disaster Resource Center & SIT Office: Sublimity at Anthony Hall
      • 11758 Sublimity Rd SE Sublimity, OR
      • Tuesdays through Thursdays, 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    • Marion County Health & Human Services
      • 976 N. Pacific Hwy. Woodburn, OR
      • Walk-in appointments are offered seven days a week from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
  • Phone support
    • Various options are available for support 24/7, seven days a week.
    • 503.798.5605
    • Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Marion County Psychiatric Crisis Center
7 days a week, 24 hours a day

Marion County Youth & Family Crisis Services

For mental health support for youth up to 24 years of age.

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Free and confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Food assistance

For people who are on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and have lost food due to the wildfires, up to $200 of SNAP benefits can be reloaded onto SNAP cards. Please contact the local Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS) at 503.945.5600 for information on how to get your card reloaded. You will be asked to complete a short form documenting food items lost and how you were impacted by the fires. Visit ODHS online for a list of ODHS office locations.

If you aren’t currently receiving SNAP benefits but still need food assistance, contact Marion Polk Food Share at 503.581.3855.

Oregon Department of Financial Regulation

To get help with insurance and financial matters, contact the Oregon Insurance Commission’s office of the Department of Financial Regulation at 888.877.4894 or email